Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

5/23/2011

Meet Jahvid Best tonight in Davison

If you’ve always wanted to meet Lions running back Jahvid Best tonight is your chance. He just Tweeted that he’ll be making an appearance at Menard’s in Davison from 5:30 to 8 p.m. (Hey, it’s not THAT far away.)

Best was one of the 30 or so Lions who participated at the informal workouts last week. Rest during the offseason has been the best medicine for the turf toe that slowed him down most of last season.

“It had its days but basically every time I tried to cut or plant or explode I was feeling it in my feet, so it was hindering my abilities to be the player I am,’’ Best said explaining his situation last season, his rookie year.

He is excited about playing with Mikel Leshoure, the Lions’ second-round draft pick. “They felt like he was the right guy so I’m happy about it. As soon as he got drafted I got his number and I was telling him we’re going to need a nickname,’’ Best said.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home