Blogs > Lions Lowdown

One thing you can count on with the Detroit Lions is that they are never, ever boring. Follow the latest news including injuries, roster moves and more here daily from Oakland Press beat writer Paula Pasche. Plus you'll find regular commentary about the team.

5/17/2011

Lions QB Shaun Hill rehabs from back surgery

BEVERLY HILLS — Lions backup quarterback Shaun Hill jogged along the sidelines during the Lions informal workout today (Tuesday) at Birmingham Detroit Country Day.

Even that was an accomplishment considering that Hill underwent back surgery just six days ago.

“I jogged a little (Monday) didn’t feel great, today it felt better,’’ Hill said.

“They say I can play in a game in four to six weeks, so I’m six days post-op and I’m jogging a little bit.’’

Hill said it wasn’t a specific injury from last season, more an accumulation of back issues through his career. He said the procedure was “a cleaning up of the disc, getting it off the nerve.”

“It was just kind of time to get it fixed up. I wish I had done it a few months ago but I’ll be full-go by training camp,’’ Hill said.

Hill was one of four quarterbacks and 35 Lions players participating in Tuesday’s informal workout. It was the second of four this week.

(Follow me on Twitter @PaulaPasche.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home